Perfect Your Online Pitch for Outside Legal Work
Tuesday, May 4, 2021* - 1 to 2 p.m. ET
Most RFP (requests for proposal) responses, and pitches for new legal work require some (if not all) virtual and online communications, such as video conferences, telephone calls, uploads, and emails. When working remotely, video conferencing is the best proxy for an in-person meeting. So, all lawyers gain competitive advantages by optimizing their online pitch and proposal skills.
During this webinar (based on the acclaimed "Perfect Your Pitch for Lawyers" workshops), three leading general counsel speakers will address the topics below and will provide specific tips for what to do and not to do when approaching prospects or pitching for new business online. The facilitator will summarize the key takeaways:
- Pet Peeves - What not to do when pitching or proposing new legal work and what to consider doing instead.
- Overall, three general pet peeves when communicating with outside lawyers virtually, whether on a video conference, by telephone, by email, or by other means.
- Greatest pet peeves in these specific situations:
- When lawyers you already work with and know pitch potential new work they could do for you/your legal department/your company.
- When lawyers you have never met or worked with contact you to hire them/their firm.
In-House Counsel Speakers: Chasity Wilson Henry, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary at CECO Environmental Corporation, and Efe Ukala, an in-house international investment attorney with extensive experience in private equity who is a board member of the Association of Black Women Attorneys, and Sean Simmons, former general counsel, corporate secretary, and compliance officer for a Fortune 500 company.
Facilitator: Julie Savarino, Chief Client Service Officer, Business Development Inc., Julie Savarino
Each registrant will receive this checklist, "How to Optimize Your Online Presence," and is eligible to receive a free Kindle copy of Julie Savarino's acclaimed book "Survive and Thrive Post-Pandemic: A Guidebook for Legal and Professional Services Providers" - a $49.95 value!
* If you cannot make the webinar, register anyway, because only those who register before the start time will receive a link to the recording if they miss the webinar.